Sunday, January 25, 2009

Ohmygosh, I think I'm having feelings!

Due to a lax schedule I have way too much time to sit and ruminate on my current life predicament- that of finding an internship, a future job, a new apartment and a great recipe for curry.

I’m unsettled and it’s not just because I have a nagging headache and absolutely no desire to complete the reading for my travel writing literature class. It may, however, have something to do with the fact that my life has become locked into the gravitational pull of a looming black-hole called The Future, and I have no idea as to where it will take me or how I will like it. Now that I’m a senior I’ve been getting a lot more questions about what I plan on doing after I graduate and all I can do is give a saucy smile and shrug in reply. I feel limited by my options, not because they are too few, but because they are too many and I’m torn between them to the point where I am frozen, disabled by my inability to make up my mind and pursue any of the viable paths I have before me.

But idleness is a sin and I will soon get a grip on things and commit to figuring out my life -do I stay in Boston, try for New York City or return to my network of friends and family back home? Do I want to work for a bookstore, a publishing house or an organization of some sort, such as an historical society or university? What color should I paint my nails? And at what point should I color my hair a normal color? What kind of muffins should I make this week? Can I actually just become a baker, please? A baker who only wears clothes from Anthropologie?

1 comment:

Sarah Jean said...

I know how you feel, my dear.